Welcome to the Western Kansas Weather Museum, an interactive and educational experience designed specifically for 8 to 12-year-old visitors. Located within the vibrant and bustling Rodeo and Agriculture Fairgrounds, this unique 20,000-square-foot museum includes 10,000 square feet dedicated to interactive weather exhibits.
As you step through the doors, you’ll be transported into a world where meteorology meets excitement. The museum is divided into different zones, each offering hands-on exploration of weather phenomena. Let’s take a tour!
1. Welcome Center: Begin your journey here, where friendly and knowledgeable staff will guide you through the museum. Interactive screens display real-time weather information, and an oversized map of Western Kansas helps you understand the region’s climatic patterns.
4. Lightning Show: Prepare to be electrified in the Lightning Show zone. Witness captivating lightning displays and learn about the science behind this dazzling phenomenon. Safely experience static electricity and see how it behaves in various weather conditions.
6. Climate Change Theater: Journey into the future with an immersive theater experience highlighting the impacts of climate change. Learn about sustainable practices and how individuals can make a positive difference in preserving our planet.
7. Extreme Weather Simulator: Buckle up for an exhilarating virtual ride through a hurricane, blizzard, or heatwave. Climb into a weather simulator pod and feel the wind, rain, or snow as you learn about the conditions that give rise to extreme weather events.
8. Weather Art Studio: Unleash your creativity in this interactive art studio. Paint with colors inspired by the sky, create wind chimes, and design your own weather-themed crafts to take home as souvenirs.